At some point in our lives, we all have had depression. Sometimes you might be happy, and others sad. It’s normal, but when it gets to a point you can’t control your emotions and actions, then it’s time to seek help and be free from depression. For many years, yoga has been used as an effective way of fighting depression. Studies from different sites have found a healthy relationship between yoga and depression. Many of them have concluded that yoga can help. According to the Harvard Mental Health Letter, many recent studies suggest yoga can:
- Help with depression and anxiety
- Is a self-soothing technique which involves exercise, relaxation, and meditation
- Improve your energy
- Reduce stress impact.
There are a variety of yoga poses that can help you beat Depression. The yoga for depression in Rishikesh involves physical exercises, meditation, and breathing techniques. Here are five best poses for reducing and curing your stress and depression permanently.
Effective Yoga Poses for Depression in Rishikesh
Seated lotus pose and Nadi Shodhana in Padmasana
When you combine seated Lotus pose with Nadi Shodhana, the effects are amazing. Nadi Shodhana is a breathing technique that ensures oxygen reaches the brain. The seated lotus pose or its variation like seated forward pose or half lotus pose can also help. They can calm your mind, reduce anxiety, tension, and stress, and treat mild depression.
Child pose or Balasana
Child pose is a soothing yoga pose for depression in Rishikesh. The pose helps alleviate symptoms of depression and help you achieve greater relaxation and inner peace. The pose also has calming effects on your brain and aid in physical relaxation. To get into the pose, you need to:
- Knees on your yoga mat or somewhere comfortable with your toes touching each other.
- Slowly exhale as you bring your torso between your thighs
- Your hands should also come to the floor alongside your torso, but stretched straight forward.
- Stay in the position and start all over again
Legs up the wall pose (Viparita Karani)
Legs up the wall pose is a restorative yoga pose in Rishikesh. The poses allow your body and mind to relax, relieving tension and stress in the process. The pose is one of the most approachable yoga poses for depression in Rishikesh.
Getting into the pose
- Lie on your back, and bring your hips as close to the wall as possible and walk your feet up the wall until you are in an L-shaped position.
- Stay in the position for a few minutes and as long as you want for optimal results
Bridge pose can also be described as Hatha yoga for depression. The pose strengthens your back muscles and your chest, which makes you feel lighter and more at ease. Begin by lying down on your mat with your knees bend. Your feet should be flat on the floor and slightly apart. Press your palms down, raise your pelvis upward. Stay in the position for a few minutes.
Downward facing dog
The downward-facing dog is among the best yoga pose for depression in Rishikesh. The pose improves blood circulation to your brain, which helps in relieving stress. To get into the pose, you need to:
- Place your palm on the floor in front of you
- Straighten your elbows and knee to allow your body to be in an in Padmasana-shape
- Keep your neck and back stretched and hold the position for a few minutes.
Yoga is perfect for enhancing your mental health and giving you full-body relaxation. These five poses and coherent breathing techniques can take care of your depression, anxiety, and stress. They also aid in self-healing. Rishikesh has perfect yoga for depression.